Monday, November 22, 2010

Ahh... chocolate

A quote I recently found about chocolate has inspired me to get at least one thing done a day:

"Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done."
-"The Rules of Chocolate"

Ah, such simple rules. Eat chocolate. Easy enough, right?! To make this a lot easier, my dad - amazing man that he was - decided to keep his women happy and create a "chocolate drawer" or what we lovingly call "the medicine drawer". Oh the convenience. My dad would come home, and occasionally skip filling the drawer - take out the middle man - and bring it right to us. There was always a choice too - he'd always buy one or two more than "necessary" so we could choose, and there would be an Eatmore or a Crunchie in there for him (provided one of us weren't eye-ing it) but he'd give it up to make one of his girls happy.

Eat chocolate. Done. I've accomplished at least one thing today. I've eaten some chocolate - courtesy of my big sister. Last night, she hucked a bunch of mini chocolate bars into my purse. A snack for later - Yay!

What's next on my "to-do" list today? Work on my mittens... get at least one done by the end of next week. Hopefully both are done prior to when they need to be given away. Yikes! I've got a grand total of 3 weeks, including today, to have them finished.

Alright - after mittens comes.... dinner?? No, that should come first. Get home, eat dinner then knit mittens. Then soothe my poor little hands by eating some chocolate. There's logic behind that, irrefutable logic, I promise. I just can't explain it. It helps.

So, I've eaten some chocolate, placated my craving for the moment, and I'll probably need to placate it again later. We'll see.

I've lost all sense of where I'm going with this chocolate idea, so I'll end the post here.

Stay tuned for a Mo-vember exclusive. I'll harass my brother-in-law until I get my answers. If anyone wants to participate in the Mo-vember post - shoot me an e-mail or comment with your e-mail and I'll send you some questions!

1 comment:

  1. The best moment of road rage I've seen was my Dad driving up a curb, to make sure that the man who had cut him off saw his middle finger. I can still hear my Mom yelling, "MIKE, STOP!", as if it were yesterday. Good times. Cheers to road rage, may we forever rave!

    ReplyDelete